Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Should We Repeal PPACA?

I may be wrong, but it seems to me that trying to pass modern reform to our healthcare took 9 administrations until something was able to be done. 

Instead of trying to throw out the whole baby with the bath water, wouldn't it be prudent for us to keep the legislation and amend the law with the parts that we as orthopaedists want, and change the parts that we do not like.

I am no democrat or republican, but I am certainly an American, and I did want to see something get through. Was the legislation all that I wanted to see......absolutely not, does it address what I thought was the major problems, NO, but at least it is a starting point.

Instead of expending so many resources and energy to repeal the entire law, why not sit down with the main players in the Congress, and the Administration, and at first listen to each other without any respective filters.  Actually listen for once.  Then write out the points that are thought essential to be eliminated, and parts that need to be included or changed, in a logical, unemotional, unbiased, uninfluenced way.  Is that too much to ask from our intelligent, objective, and logical leader individuals?

No comments:

Post a Comment